Katie Gumbrell (Coach Katie) is the COVID-19 coordinator for all Brolly Good Ideas and Tilehurst Runs Together training activities. The COVID-19 Action Plan and all Risk Assessments are available on request.
1. DO NOT ATTEND TRAINING if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, have recently had a positive test or have been told to self-isolate
2. If you have attended a Tilehurst Runs Together or Brolly Good Ideas training session and become symptomatic of COVID-19 or test positive, please follow all track and trace requirements and let Coach Katie know straight away (your privacy will be maintained as far as is practical to ensure that any other participants who have trained with you are aware of a positive case; you will never be identified by name to others)
3. Adhere to all government advice about self-isolation and travel quarantine; DO NOT come to training if you are self-isolating due to exposure to a person infected with COVID-19, have been requested to do so as part of the formal test and trace programme or have recently returned to / arrived into the UK from abroad
4. You must wash your hands before you come to training and immediately on your return home
5. If running in groups, it is expected that you will run side-by-side wherever possible and allow extra room for passing members of the public; you must maintain personal safety
6. Usually, equipment will not be available during the session: you will be required to bring and carry your own water bottle, take care of your own keys etc. If equipment is made available, it will have been cleaned before being brought to your session and you will be asked to sanitise your hands before use. Equipment will be used by one person per session and cleaned between uses. If you feel uncomfortable about using the equipment provided, you don’t have to use it
7. If first aid is needed, note that you will be required to wear a face mask and may be required to administer your own first aid (suitable equipment, including hand sanitiser will be made available; a charged mobile phone will be carried for more serious incidents)
8. If you do not adhere to these requirements, including physical distancing, you will be asked to leave the session and will not be offered a refund
There are gaps between sessions to allow groups to leave before others arrive. This is a condition of our insurance and we have to ask you to respect that this is not an opportunity to hang around and have a chat in a large group
We hate to discourage social interactions; we know that you understand!
Further guidance and information is available on the England Athletics website.
Not being able to train together is worse than these rules.